In order for the Building Department to release a permit for construction work to begin within the Village of La Grange Park contractors for the project are required to obtain and/or provide current licensing and registrations. Contractors must complete the application, provide the Village with a bond, certificate of insurance, and proper fee (some exceptions apply). State licensed contractors must provide a copy of their current State license.
Online Payments - (payment only - see below for document submittal*)
To become a registered contractor with the Village of La Grange Park please print, fill out and submit a Registration Application (PDF) along with the following:
- Bond in the amount of $10,000
- Bond number shall be provided
- Obligee shall be “Village of La Grange Park”
- Type of contractor shall be identified (general, electrical, mechanical, etc.)
- Name listed on Bond must match provided licensing documents accurately
- Signature of Principal shall be provided
- Insurance or Bond Company shall prepare all bonds (no self-issued)
- If faxed or emailed, hard copies shall be mailed or delivered
Certificate of Insurance
Certificate of Insurance for Public Liability Insurance for each person is $100,000 minimum and for each accident $300,000 minimum. Property damage insurance in the amount of $50,000 limited to not less than $10,000 for each accident.
- “Village of La Grange Park” shall be named as “certificate holder”
- “Written contracts” or “agreements” shall not be referenced
- Project address shall not be identified
Copy of State License and/or Applicable License
- Plumbers and Roofers must provide a current State License
- Electricians must supply a license from a testing site - registration from a non-testing site is unacceptable
- Submit the Registration Application (PDF) with all required documents and payment (if applicable) to the Building Department. Payments can be made by cash, check, and credit or debit cards.
- *Pay online - credit card or echeck - required documents must be delivered to the Building Department by mail, fax or email to complete processing. Email the Building Department or send a fax to 708-354-0241.
State Licensed contractors registered with the Village remain valid until the expiration of the State License as long as any required bond or certificate of insurance is also valid. Village license/registrations that require fees expire one year from date of issuance. A license/registration may become invalid if a bond or certificate of insurance expires or is cancelled.
|Type of Contractor||Additional Requirements||Bond||Certificate of Insurance||Fee|
|Brick Mason / Paver||N/A||Yes||Yes||$50|
|Excavator / Demolition||N/A||Yes||Yes||$50|
|Fire Alarm / Sprinkler / Suppression||State License||No||Yes||$50|
|Paving / Asphalt||N/A||Yes||Yes||$50|
Pool / Hot Tub / Spa
|Roofer||State Roofing License||No||Yes||$50|
|Sewer / Drain Tile||N/A||Yes||Yes||$50|
|Siding / Window / Door||N/A||Yes||Yes||$50|
|Waterproofing / Drain Tile||N/A||Yes||Yes||$50|
*General Contractors or any other contractor that will be performing electrical and plumbing work must provide the Village with licenses for electrical and plumbing in addition to the general contractor or other contractor requirements.
** Electrical License from a testing site - registration or license from a non-testing site is unacceptable.
***Landscapers are only required to be licensed and registered if doing work that requires a permit.