Updates will be made as they become available:
Construction Updates - Week Ending August 23, 2019
For a comprehensive list of updates, please click here.
- La Grange Road Update: : K-Five completed the surface course yesterday along the main run of La Grange Road from Odgen Ave (Rt 34) to 31st. Unfortunately, the completion of the remaining work won’t be completed until next week which consists of installing the final surface course along the entrances to the Village side streets (returns) and installing new pavement markings.
- Sunnyside Sanitary Project Update: This week, the contractor completed installing the remaining 400 feet 30” pipe from the existing manhole along the West bank of the Salt Creek heading West toward the main bike path. At this point, the only remaining work along Edgewood Lane is the installation of a new service manhole for the two homes at the intersection of Edgewood and 31st which is scheduled for early next week. Westchester is still in negotiations with the contractor for the lining of existing sanitary sewer under the creek. Once the lining is complete, the contractor can begin the process of restoring Edgewood and the spur trail that leads to Jackson. Check back next week for further updates on this project.
- Raymond Water Main Replacement Update: The first two blocks of Raymond (31st to 29th) are completed except for final landscaping which will occur in early fall. The contractor, Suburban General, started installing new services connections in the 1400 block. Next week, the contractor will continue with service transfers. Once all the service transfers are complete, the new connection at 26th street will occur, and the old water main will be abandoned. Check back next week for a progress report and timeline for restoration on the remaining two blocks (29th to 26th).
- La Grange Road and 31st Water Main Replacement Update: No update to report this week.
- Upcoming Road Work Update: The contractor passed out notices for the residents that will be affected once Phase 2 begins September 3, 2019. Check back September 6th for the next update.