The Village’s Annual Clean-Up Day will occur on Saturday, October 10th. Residents may dispose of an unlimited amount of refuse, including large items, for a total of five stickers. Regular refuse and recycling carts will NOT be picked up.
Before placing items at the curb, the Village encourages residents to consider donating items that still have a useful life to one of the many local organizations who could benefit from such donations.
How it Works
- Single-family and two-family residences in La Grange Park will receive a one-time clean up service.
- You must include five refuse stickers to insure that all of the acceptable items placed on the curb will be picked-up.
- Acceptable items must be placed on the curb by 6 a.m.
- Items other than furniture, large bulk items and appliances must be placed in bags, cans and/or boxes, not larger than 35 gallons or heavier than 50 pounds each. Mattresses should be bagged to prevent them from becoming waterlogged.
- Stickers can be purchased at Village Hall or the La Grange Park or Westchester Jewel/Osco.
- All Furniture
- Bulk Items (Bicycles, Fans)
- Carpet (must be cut down to 4 feet in length, securely bundled, and less than 30 pounds in weight)
- Any Type of Fluid
- Car Parts, Tires
- Concrete, Asphalt, Rocks, Bricks
- Construction and Demolition Debris
- Hazardous or Medical Waste
- Radioactive Materials
- Railroad Ties
- Scrap Wood and Lumber
- Yard Waste