The Village of La Grange Park is currently accepting applications from qualified individuals for the position of part-time Police Officer. To view the complete announcement, click here.
The applicant will perform duties to include but not limited to:
• Enforcing traffic, criminal laws and local ordinances
• Provide emergency response as needed
• Write reports
• Handle traffic crashes
• Attend court as needed
• Handle any and all other duties assigned
Minimum qualifications include:
• 21 years of age
• U.S. Citizen
• High school graduate (or equivalent)
• Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
• Valid FOID card
• Good moral character
• Good mental and physical condition
• No felony or domestic violence convictions
• Willingness to work all shifts (with an emphasis for night shifts)
• Willingness to work weekends and holidays with a minimum of 20 hours per month.
• MUST BE a graduate of one of either the full-time or part-time sworn officer Illinois training programs and be State of Illinois certified, or have the appropriate training and certification from another state that is compatible with Illinois training requirements.
•Currently employed in law enforcement or separated in good standing from a law enforcement agency
All qualified applications will be required to:
• Pass an oral interview
• Pass a thorough background investigation, including possible credit check
• Pass a pre-employment drug screening, and possibly a psychological evaluation after acceptance of appointment
If you are not currently certified and/or a sworn police officer, please do not submit an application.
To Apply Applications can be picked up at the La Grange Park Police Department or are able to be downloaded at the Village of La Grange Park website
La Grange Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer