The La Grange Park Police Department will be accepting completed employment applications for the position of Police Officer from November 13, 2020, through December 11, 2020. There is $25 fee to apply for this position. Starting Salary is $70,456 plus benefits.
Hiring requirements include the following:
Must be an U.S. citizen at the time of appointment
- A high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 60 hours of course credit from an accredited college or university
- Must possess a valid Class “D” Illinois driver’s license or a valid out-of-state driver’s license of similar classification.
- Candidates must be at least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age at the time of written exam.
- No felony conviction(s) per preliminary Criminal History Check
- Must be able to meet vision standard at time of appointment. Must be correctable to 20/20.
- Must possess a valid Police Officer Physical Ability Test certification/POWER card. Certifications will be considered valid within one (1) year of the issuance date.
- A subsequent polygraph and psychological examination will be required, in addition to a thorough background investigation, drug screen and pre-employment physical.
Application packets may be picked up in person at the La Grange Park Police Department front desk at 447 N. Catherine Avenue, La Grange Park, Illinois, 60526, weekdays between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Completed packets must include the following items:
- A completed and signed Application for Employment form.
- A completed and signed Authorization to Release Information and Waiver form.
- A completed and signed Driver’s License Verification form.
- Transcript(s) documenting required High School and College/University course work (copies are acceptable).
- Occupational Assessment though Conrad Polygraph, Inc. (Hinsdale, IL).
- Copy of Birth Certificate
PLEASE NOTE: Packets must be returned by 4:30 p.m. on December 11, 2020, to be considered.
Applicants must complete an occupational assessment prior to submitting their completed application packets by the December 11th deadline. Conrad Polygraph Inc. will confirm applicant assessment with the La Grange Park Police Department. To schedule an occupational assessment, applicants should contact:
Conrad Polygraph, Inc., 930 York Road, Suite 18, Hinsdale, Illinois 60521, (630) 920-0571
Those who meet employment criteria will continue in this process with an orientation and written test on January 16, 2021. Time and location will be provided to candidates at a later date. Once written exams are completed, candidates with a passing score of 70% or above will be scheduled for oral interviews with our three-member Board of Police Commissioners.
Upon completion of oral interviews, a final eligibility list will be established and retained for two years. Recruit Officers will be selected from this list and are subject to polygraph, psychological, and medical exams (including vision testing, spinal examination, and drug screening) prior to enrollment in Police Academy Training.
Questions or requests for additional information should be directed to Braunty Baum, Secretary to the Chief of Police, at (708) 352-7711, ext. 203.
Click here for a printable format of the above information.