News Flash

Home

Posted on: February 19, 2021

Home Safety Reminders

Winter Safety Image

Fire Department CO Reminder
On Tuesday, the Fire Department responded to a home for a Carbon Monoxide alarm activation. Firefighters found extremely dangerous levels of CO in the home as their furnace and water heater vents were blocked by snow. Thankfully they had a working CO alarm. Make sure your gas burning appliance vents, including dryer vents, are not blocked by snow or ice. This can cause CO in your home, which at undetected high levels can kill you. Also, blocked vents can also potentially overheat or damage your appliances.

Nicor Gas Reminder
Exercise caution removing snow or ice from your natural gas meter assembly. Use your hands or a broom, not a shovel, to brush away snow or ice from your meter and regulator. Never kick or hit your gas meter or its piping with a hammer or any hard object to break away built-up snow or ice. Learn more by visiting Nicor's Severe Weather Safety Page.snow and pipesnicor reminder photo

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Home

Mail Delivery

Mail Delivery Issues

Posted on: February 10, 2021
covid19

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates

Posted on: October 26, 2020
CPA

Citizen's Police Academy

Posted on: February 26, 2021
hot coffee

Coffee with the Chief & Staff

Posted on: February 23, 2021
hands in a circle

Help a Neighbor in Need

Posted on: January 8, 2021
Sewer Pipes

Sewer Backup Prevention Program

Posted on: October 23, 2020