March 24, 2020
To view previous daily briefings, click here.
Events surrounding the outbreak of COVID-19 have been changing rapidly over the past several days. The Village is working to keep residents informed of what is happening in our community. Please understand the situation is fluid and policies and procedures may change with little notice.
The Village has several resources available for residents. Click the links below for more information.
Food, Household Essentials & Takeout Resources
Village Emergency Alert System
COVID-19 Information & Cook County/IDPH Contact Information
THINGS TO DO
- Stay at Home: The State of Illinois remains under Gov. Pritzker’s Stay at Home Order through Tuesday, April 7. The mandatory closure of K-12 schools has been extended to April 8. To review the complete Executive Order, click here.
- Put Out Your Refuse: Regular refuse service continues, but you’ll need to hold onto those bulk items, mattresses, white goods and electronics. For safety reasons, LRS has temporarily suspended pick-up of these items.
- Sign Up for Village Emergency Alerts: We strongly encourage all residents to sign up for the new Rave/Smart 911 emergency notification system, which replaces the Village’s CodeRed system. Click here to learn more and to sign up now.
- Take the Census Online: You’ve got time, complete the 2020 Census. Do your part and respond by April 1. Now more than ever, it’s important that La Grange Park count every resident so we are able to secure the State and Federal funding needed for our community. For more information, visit www.census.gov.
- Shop Locally: View the Village’s list of local resources for obtaining food, household essentials and take-out meals on our website.
WHAT’S HAPPENING WITH COVID-19 IN COOK COUNTY? BE ALERTED
Residents can sign up for text alerts to receive the latest updates regarding COVID-19. Residents may also call 708-633-3319 for answers to frequently asked questions. The hotline is available Monday through Friday during office hours and voicemails will be returned. Live translation services are available in all major languages. Questions may be emailed to COVID19@cookcountyhhs.org
. To receive text alerts, text “alertcook” to 888-777.
TODAY’S NEWS RELEASES FROM ILLINOIS.GOV
Public Health Officials Announce 250 New Cases of Coronavirus
Gov. Pritzker Lays Out Measures to Increase Testing, Hospital Capacity in Preparation for Additional Need
Village offices remain closed to walk-in traffic but staff remains in the office and ready to assist residents. Please call (708) 354-0225, email info@LaGrangePark.org, or visit the Village website at www.lagrangepark.org.
CANCELED PUBLIC EVENTS
- Village Board Meeting (March 24)
- April Youth Commission Meeting (April 13)
- Citizen’s Police Academy (April 18 - May 30)
- Planning & Zoning Commission Meeting (April 21)
- National Drug Take-Back Day (April 25)