(for designated areas west of La Grange Road)
The Village is in the process of implementing restricted parking by installing signs in designated areas west of La Grange Road. In April, the Village approved changes to its code of ordinances to prevent spillover parking. The changes are being instituted at the request of and for the benefit of homeowners located in the area west of La Grange Road, south of Harding and north of Ogden. The parking concerns were first considered by the Village’s Traffic Safety and Engineering Committee and ultimately through a series of reviews and then a pilot program, the Village identified the parameters of the restricted parking area.
The restrictions call for permit parking, with signage stating, “No Parking 7:00AM to 9AM, School Days, Except by Permit.” Residents should know that:
- The required Annual Vehicle Sticker serves as each homeowner’s Permit.
- Additional placards will be made available for homeowner guests, upon request by calling 708-352-7711 (9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) or by emailing email@example.com. Proof of residency may be required. Once the placards are available (estimated by August 28th), residents can come to Village Hall for pick up or the Police Department will deliver to your home, if requested.
- Service vehicles for homeowners such as landscapers, cleaning services, and building/repair contractors will not need permits.
- The restricted parking is for the safety and benefit of homeowners in the area. This area is in close proximity to a commuter station and Nazareth Academy, both making spillover parking in concentrated areas likely, creating challenges for vehicular traffic and emergency vehicle access.
- Please direct any questions to the phone number listed above and thank you for your patience and understanding while we roll out this program.