Stormwater Management Updates
The Village is committed to providing regular updates to keep residents informed of recent efforts and progress to address local flooding and stormwater management. Please see the latest updates below, as well as links to relevant documents. For information on the Village's Sewer Backup Prevention Program, click here.
Weekly Update: Friday, July 30
Central Area Storm Sewer Project: This week staff met once again with the Budget Director for House Speaker Chris Welch to discuss the project scope and financing options for the Village’s Central Area Storm Sewer Project. On Sunday, Village President Discipio met with Speaker Welch to discuss the status of this important project as their office explores grant opportunities to close the funding gap for the project. Additionally, today Village President Jim Discipio met with Representative Mike Zalewski to discuss the project seeking his support for any funding at the State level. Staff is working with the Village’s engineers to refine certain elements of the route and scope of the Central Area Storm Sewer Project.
Permeable Intersections Project: Construction of the three green intersections on Monroe is slated to begin this construction season. The Village’s Engineers provided additional plan design detail to the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago (MWRD-GC) for review this week. The Village is still awaiting the final report for the core samples before the project can undergo a final review by the MWRD-GC. The green intersections on Monroe Avenue will be constructed to divert and capture water that sheds off of La Grange Road.
See past updates here.
Central Area Storm Sewer Project
- 06-04-20 Rebuild Ill Grant Application
- 06-29-20 Public Hearing Notice and Minutes.pdf
- 07-14-21 Packet Provided to State Legislators
- Central Area Sewer Separation Project Summary.pdf
- LaGrange Park Central Sewer Area Separation Program Location Map.pdf
- Legislative and Commercial Letters of Support.pdf
Permeable Intersections Project
Resources for Residents
Other Plans, Data, & Surveys
- Flood Response Plan (PDF)
- Master Sewer Inventory (PDF)
- Sewer Alternative Recommendations Report (PDF)
- Sewer Lining Priority List (PDF)
- Village Memo for August 4 Meeting (PDF)
- March Agenda Packet Attachments (PDF)
- August 31 Meeting - Drainage Districts (PDF)
- August 31 Meeting - Plumbing Hand Outs (PDF)
- August 31 Meeting - Sewer System Atlas (PDF)
- Attachment A - Spreadsheet 1 (PDF)
- Attachment A - Spreadsheet 2 (PDF)
- Attachment B - Incentive Programs (PDF)
- Attachment A - Survey Results Memo (PDF)